RescueDigest’s Top Picks of essential resources for critical topics in emergency services.
Social Media and Emergency Services: Promoting and policing your service.
While department social media feeds are becoming commonplace, few agencies are using social media tools to promote their organization effectively. What policies and guides to use to keep your social media use on target and out of hot water and how to engage, accelerate and analyze your use of social media to ensure that you’re getting enough bang for your buck? How can social media help your agency engage community support, raise funds, promote life safety education, and improve service delivery without the risk of becoming a “Facebook Fiend”?
How you can use these resources: RescueDigest curates great research and resources during the development of our articles and educational programs. Since our mission is to “Help You Help Others” we present the best of these resources for you to explore, share and use in your own agency.
Model Policies: Why reinvent the wheel?
Marketing Guides: Planning guides for SM use!
- Strategies for Marketing your Fire Department with PIERS (FEMA & USFA)
- Strategies for Marketing your EMS Agency with PIERS (course guide)
- Radian6 Social Media Blueprint
- ARC Social Engagement Handbook 2.0
- Building your presence with Facebook Pages/ A guide for governments
Sample Social Media Training & Info: Don’t just regulate, educate!
- RescueDigest’s 4+20+10 Things Your Department Social Media Policy Must Address
- US Army Social Media Handbook 3rd Ed:
- NLRB Office of the General Council Report on Social Media Investigations
- (5) CDC’s Guide to writing for social media.
RescueDigest’s Own Programs:
Do YOU have questions, comments or know of research or resources that we should include here? Let us know below.