RescueDigest’s Top Picks of essential resources for critical topics in emergency services.
“We used to do WHAT?!?"
Much of what we’ve been taught in trauma care from the “ABC’s”, to “raising patients legs”, to “giving oxygen can’t hurt” we now know to be wrong. As providers we’re left with the questions “Why?”, “When did this happen?”, and “What should we do now?” Answering these questions and more these resources bust major trauma myths, look forward to coming trauma innovations, and explain the all-important “Trauma Triad of Death!”
How you can use these resources: RescueDigest curates great research and resources during the development of our articles and educational programs. Since our mission is to “Help You Help Others” we present the best of these resources for you to explore, share and use in your own agency. these resources for social media and mobile technology use by emergency services are no means comprehensive. we’re providing them here for you as a jumping off point. If you’d like more information about individual services you can contact the agencies or vendors directly.
Can Giving O2 Actually Hurt Patients?
- The Dangers of Giving Too Much Oxygen!
- Can oxygen hurt our patients?
- EMS Education Overlooks Challenges of O2 Therapy
- Can Oxygen Be Bad: Bryan Bledsoe PPT
- ALSO: O2 Bad for CVA?
- ALSO: O2 Bad for MI?
- ALSO: O2 Bad for COPD?
Bleeding Control: Hemostatic Gauze, Tourniquet, Pressure Bandage, REBOA Use in EMS
- New Study Shows Military Benefits Transfer to EMS
- Outcomes excellent for tourniquets and hemostatic gauze in rural civilian populations
- Different Types of Tourniquets: Facts & Details
- Hartford Consensus III: Bleeding Control
Pre-Hospital Blood / TXA Administration
- Transfusions during Hospital Transport May Help, Patients Survive
- Blood Product Use in Prehospital Trauma
- Is TXA Safer Lesser Injuries? LIT REVIEW
Passive Leg Raise: Helpful or Hard to Breathe?
- Bleeding out: Does Raising the Legs Help?
- Prove It! Passive Leg Raise in Cardiac Arrest
- The Myth of Trendellenberg in Trauma
Trauma Triad of Death
- The Trauma Triad of Death: Hypothermia, Acidosis, and Coagulopathy
- Trauma patients with the “triad of death”
- Trauma’s Lethal Triad!
- Mistakes in Trauma Care