By focusing on a particular goal each week and providing some resources to get you started, RescueDigest is here to help make your world a little but easier and to help you help others. Let’s start with FOOD!
Working on the road at all hours with few, if any, defined breaks to refuel is a recipe for nutritional disaster for Emergency Responders. For many of us, the old saying “You are what you eat.” shows up in how we feel, how we look and how we work.
Rather than attempt to provide a general plan to work for every single emergency responder, these Goals of the Week (#GOTW) are meant to be the kind of reminders that make you say “Oh yeah, I’ve been meaning to get to that!”
As with all of our #GOTW reminders, we’re going to be trying these right along with you!
So to kick off our first Goal of the Week, here are some resources to help you take a step (or two or four) towards healthier eating both on and off duty.
- Healthy breakfast: Quick, flexible options to grab at home – MayoClinic.com
- 27 Ideas for a Healthier Breakfast | Reader’s Digest
- 9 Fast, Healthy Breakfast Ideas | RealSimple.com
- Why You Should Eat a Healthy Breakfast
- Healthy Snacking
- Snacks: How they fit into your weight-loss plan – MayoClinic.com
- 30 healthy snacks: Food & Diet: Self.com
- Guide to Healthy Snacking: Snacks for Less Than 150 Calories
- The Best Healthy Snacks in Your Supermarket
- Healthy Snacking Benefits – Diet and Nutrition Center – EverydayHealth.com
Meals “On The Road”
- 5 Simple tips for healthy eating on the go
- 6 Tips for Eating Healthy on the Road – Men’s Fitness
- 24 Surprisingly Healthy Fast Foods
- Healthy Road Trip Snacks and Meals | Food | Disney Family.com
- How To Eat Healthy On The Go | LIVESTRONG.COM
- How to Eat Healthy On-The-Go – iVillage
What success (or problems) have YOU had trying to eat healthy as an emergency responder? Let us know below: