RescueDigest’s Top Picks of essential resources for critical topics in emergency services.
Elevated temperatures in pediatric patients are some of the most common, and often frustrating types of calls in EMS. Are the parents over-reacting? Are we under-reacting? This presentation illuminates what causes fever, how it can help or harm a child, what problems it can cause or be caused by, how to differentiate critical vs benign fever and how to prioritize care in pediatric patients with elevated temperature.
How you can use these resources: RescueDigest curates great research and resources during the development of our articles and educational programs. Since our mission is to “Help You Help Others” we present the best of these resources for you to explore, share and use in your own agency. these resources for social media and mobile technology use by emergency services are no means comprehensive. we’re providing them here for you as a jumping off point. If you’d like more information about individual services you can contact the agencies or vendors directly.
Pediatric Fever Resources for EMS
- Fever in the Neonate CE Article – EMSWorld.com
- Fever in Children
- Fever Phobia, An American Academy of Pediatrics Report
- Facts About Fever: Information You “Mythed” | Pedi-U
- Pedi-U | Fever Phobia in EMS!
Pediatric Fever Resources for All Healthcare Providers
- Emergent Management of Pediatric Patients with Fever
- Jim Dwyer New York Times Pediatric Fever Article Debate | WhiteCoat’s Call Room
- Managing fever in kids – ercast.org
- Pediatric Fever part 2 – ercast.org