RescueDigest’s Top Picks of essential resources for critical topics in emergency services.
Field Use of Social Mobile Technology: Examples and Ideas for Emergency Service Delivery.
The explosion of social media and mobile phone and tablet technology is changing our world. Emergency service organizations large and small are using social media and mobile applications for both bread and butter operations and large-scale crises response. Existing and emerging technology like vehicle early detection systems, custom “911 Apps” and NG911 systems to gather live information from emergency scenes, enhancing responder effectiveness and safety. Likewise “Push” technology like Twitter, Facebook and Google+ staffed by Virtual Operations Support Teams allow virtually any department to have two-way communication with citizens to provide services, information or “CommunitySourcing” peer-to-peer assistance. Many of these tools are free and ready to use right now. The question is, how will you choose to apply them?
How you can use these resources: RescueDigest curates great research and resources during the development of our articles and educational programs. Since our mission is to “Help You Help Others” we present the best of these resources for you to explore, share and use in your own agency. these resources for social media and mobile technology use by emergency services are no means comprehensive. we’re providing them here for you as a jumping off point. If you’d like more information about individual services you can contact the agencies or vendors directly.
Social Media in Emergency Response White Papers & Handbooks
- White Paper: The Case for Integrating Crisis Response With Social Media
- Red Cross – Updated Social Engagement Handbook [Resource]
FirstNet Public Safety Broadband Network and IPAWS Alerting Systems
- FirstNet | NTIA
- www.ntia.doc.gov/STATE OF CONNECTICUT Development of Nationwide Broadband Network FirstNet.pdf
- Integrated Public Alert & Warning System | FEMA.gov
- www.everbridge.com/WhitePaper_Emergency Notification BestPractices.pdf
Victim Location Services
Crowdsourcing Social Media Use for Emergency Services
- CrisisCommons | connecting people, tools and resources to support crisis response
- Crisis Cleanup
- sis.nlm.nih.gov/The Basics of Volunteer Operations Support Teams with Social Media.pdf
Detection & Response Using Mobile Technology
- PulsePoint Foundation Mobile CPR App
- EEDS – Early Emergency Detection System
- Real-time local Twitter trends – Trendsmap
National Fire Academy Training
- National Fire Academy | Training and Education for the U.S. Fire Service
- National Fire Academy Course Detail Leveraging Technology for the Emergency Services (P486)