By focusing on a particular goal each week and providing some resources to get you started, RescueDigest is here to help make your world a little but easier and to help you help others. Let’s try MONEY!
With pay rates being what they are for Emergency Responders, it can be difficult to earn enough to cover our bills (even with multiple jobs), let alone put away any savings. But when you’re saving for a rainy day, the storm clouds may gather sooner than you think. It’s never too early to start putting money aside, once you’ve taken a few smart steps.
We’re all different ages and we all have different financial burdens. Some of us have retirement savings (pensions, 401k, IRA, 457 plans) and some of us don’t (yet).
Rather than attempt to provide a general plan to work for every single emergency responder, these Goals of the Week (#GOTW) are meant to be the kind of reminders that make you say “Oh yeah, I’ve been meaning to get to that!”
As with all of our #GOTW reminders, we’re going to be trying these right along with you!
For this week’s Goal of the Week, here are some resources to help you take a step (or two or four) towards putting money away for that day you stop working. Okay, how about that day you cut down to only two or three jobs?
We don’t normally put our own specific advice here, we leave that to the experts (below) but any time you talk about savings you have to also talk about paying down debt. That’s a Goal of the Week #GOTW that we talk about HERE.
- 5 Retirement Must-Knows [Fool.com: Retirement Center]
- HowStuffWorks “10 Tips for Retirement Savings”
- There Are No Retirement Loans – Forbes.com
- How Much Money Do You Need For Retirement | Bank of America
Saving When You’re Young
- Retirement Savings Advice: Age 20 to 30′s – CBS News
- Dee Lee Of WBZ NewsRadio 1030′s Money Matters Discusses Your Retirement Savings And When To Begin Saving « CBS Boston
- Retirement Planning In Your Twenties – A Great Time to Begin Retirement Planning
- Why save for retirement while you’re young? To avoid eating cat food in your old age! « Financially Fab
- Your 20s: Planning pays off richly – 1 – retirement savings – MSN Money
Saving If You’re Closer To Retirement
- Time To Shift Into High Gear – Planning For Retirement at Any Age – TIME
- Retirement Savings Advice: Age 30′s and 40′s – Yahoo! Finance
- Retirement planning for people in their 40s
- Retirement Planning in Your 40s
- Saving for retirement in your 40s, 50s and 60s
- Ten Tips for Late Starters To Boost Their Retirement Savings